If you are injured at work and need treatment, go to the emergency room or health care provider of your choice and tell them you were injured at work. They will assist you in filing a workers' compensation claim. You may want to consider seeking treatment with an occupational medicine provider. They have experience in dealing with L&I and the paperwork involved with a claim.

Please be sure to fill out the claim form completely. When indicating the business name and employer address on your claim form, please use the following:

University of Washington
Claim Services
Box 354964
Seattle, Washington 98195-4964

You can also file a claim form online here or by phone at 1-877-561-FILE (3453).

Workers’ compensation claims must be filed within one year of an injury, and within two years of being notified that an illness is work-related. For additional information on Washington State Injury/Illness definitions, see the L&I website at http://lni.wa.gov/

Claim Services is the only University department authorized to complete and sign the employer section of the L&I claim form.