The University of Washington’s self-insurance program provides coverage for the contracts, programs and activities of the University. Coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of RCW 28B20.250 et seq. and Board of Regents Governance Chapter 5. Risk Services issues certificates to entities within the University of Washington only.

Request a General or Auto Liability Certificate

Events & Activities

Please keep a copy of the certificate you requested with the contract. Please note University coverage does not extend to guests, participants, and contractors.

Auto Insurance

Coverage is provided to University faculty, staff and students driving in the course of their duties for the University. Coverage varies depending on vehicle and payment source. See the Travel Website for more information. If requesting a certificate for auto coverage, please provide the year, make, model, and VIN of the vehicle.


For information regarding the coverage certificate or terms, call (206) 543-3659. Requests can be e-mailed to