Out of State Workers' Compensation

Employees working outside the State of Washington must update their Work address in Workday (under Contact information tab) for applicable dates and ensure the address is changed back upon their return to work in the State of Washington. This is a requirement to ensure coverage for on-the-job injuries while working out of State. Please direct any questions to rmequip@uw.edu.

Reporting a Work-Related Injury in Another State

Out-of-state employees must report any work-related illness or injury to their supervisor immediately. If the employee is seriously injured, he/she should seek immediate medical treatment.

For instructions on how to file a claim in another state, please contact Claim Services at workcomp@uw.edu. The claim filing process will be specific to the state in which the injury occurred.

If you sustained an injury while traveling for work

For UW employees who are injured in another state while temporarily traveling out of state for work, Washington workers’ compensation coverage may apply. Report your injury to your supervisor as soon as possible and seek medical treatment, if necessary.

You can file a claim online at http://www.lni.wa.gov/ORLI/ECS/FileFast.asp by phone at 1-877-561-FILE (3453).